E-passport Online Application From Bangladesh: Department of Immigration and Passports MRP Passport also known as an electronic passport or biometric passport, is a traditional passport that has an embedded electronic microprocessor chip.
The chip contains digital data about the passport holder, including their personal information, biometric data (such as fingerprints or facial recognition), and a digital signature.
ePassports have become increasingly common as a means of improving security and preventing fraud in the passport issuance process. The chip and data stored on it are used to authenticate the passport and the identity of the passport holder.
In addition to enhanced security, ePassports may also provide additional convenience for travelers. For example, some countries allow ePassport holders to use automated passport control kiosks at airports, which can speed up the process of entering or exiting the country.
ePassports are issued by many countries around the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and many European Union countries. If you are planning to travel internationally, it is important to check the passport requirements for the countries you plan to visit, including whether they require an ePassport or a traditional passport.
Online E-Passport Application
The application process for an e-passport will vary depending on the country that issues the passport. In general, however, the application process for a ePassport will involve the following steps:
- Check the eligibility requirements: Before you start the application process, you should check whether you are eligible for an ePassport in your country. In most cases, you will need to be a citizen of the country and have a valid passport.
- Gather the necessary documents: You will need to gather the necessary documents to apply for an ePassport. These may include your existing passport, passport photos, and other identification documents.
- Fill out the application: You will need to fill out an application form for the ePassport. This form will typically ask for your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and address. You may also need to provide information about your travel plans and any previous passports.
- Pay the application fee: You will need to pay the application fee for the ePassport. The fee will vary depending on the country that issues the passport.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed the application form and paid the fee, you will need to submit the application to the relevant authority. In most cases, this will be a passport office or embassy.
- Wait for processing: The processing time for an ePassport will vary depending on the country that issues the passport. In some cases, it may take several weeks to process the application.
- Collect the ePassport: Once your ePassport is ready, you will need to collect it from the passport office or embassy. You may need to provide additional identification documents to collect the ePassport.
It is important to check the specific application requirements for the ePassport in your country, as they may vary from the steps outlined above.
MRP to Epassport Compare
MRP stands for Machine Readable Passport, while ePassport stands for Electronic Passport. Both MRP and ePassport are types of passports that contain a chip with digital information about the passport holder.
However, ePassports are considered to be more secure than MRP passports because they include additional biometric information, such as a digital photo and fingerprints, which are used to verify the identity of the passport holder. This makes it more difficult for someone to forge an ePassport or use a stolen passport.
In addition to the added security features, ePassports also provide additional convenience for travelers. For example, some countries allow ePassport holders to use automated passport control kiosks at airports, which can speed up the process of entering or exiting the country.
While some countries still issue MRP passports, many countries have transitioned to ePassports as their standard passport. If you are applying for a new passport or renewing an existing one, you should check with the relevant authorities in your country to see if ePassports are available and what the application process entails.
How To Epassport Online Application From Bangladesh
If you are an eligible Bangladeshi citizen and would like to apply for an ePassport, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Immigration and Passports (DIP) of Bangladesh at https://epassport.gov.bd/ for ePassport specific information.
- Click on the “Online Application” button to begin the application process.
- You will be prompted to create an account on the website. Fill out the required information to create your account
- Once you have created your account then login you can begin filling out the online ePassport application form. The form will require you to enter personal information, such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- After you have completed the online application form, you will be asked to pay the application fee. You can pay the fee using Online Banking or through a mobile payment system.
- Once your application and payment have been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with a PDF of your application. Print out the application and submit it to the nearest Regional Passport Office (RPO) along with the required documents.
- After your application has been processed and approved, you will be notified by email or SMS. You can then collect your ePassport from the RPO where you submitted your application.
Epassport Application Status
Epassport application status refers to the current stage of an individual’s electronic passport (ePassport) application. To check the status of your ePassport application, you can follow the below steps:
- You can visit the Department of Immigration and Passports (DIP) website at https://epassport.gov.bd/ for ePassport specific information.
- Look for the option to check your ePassport application status. This option may be located on the home page or in a separate section of the website.
- Enter the required information, such as your Delivery Slip number with date of birth, to check the status of your ePassport application.
- The website will provide you with the current status of your ePassport application, such as whether it is being processed, approved, or rejected.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the status of your ePassport application, you can contact the relevant organization contact information provided on their website.
FAQ: Epassport Application
Q: What is an ePassport?
A: An ePassport is a passport that includes an electronic chip containing biometric data, such as a digital photograph and fingerprint, to improve the security of the passport and make it more difficult to counterfeit.
Q: How do I apply for an ePassport?
A: The process for applying for an ePassport may vary depending on your country of citizenship. In most cases, you can apply for an ePassport through the official website of your country’s passport agency. Check the website for specific instructions and requirements.
Q: How long does it take to receive an ePassport?
A: The processing time for an ePassport may vary depending on your country of citizenship and the volume of applications being processed at the time. Typically, it can take several weeks to a few months to receive an ePassport.
Q: Can I check the status of my ePassport application online?
A: Yes, most countries allow you to check the status of your ePassport application online through the official website of the passport agency.
Q: What documents do I need to apply for an ePassport?
A: The required documents for an ePassport application may vary depending on your country of citizenship. In general, you will need to provide proof of identity, such as a birth certificate or national ID card, as well as a passport photo and payment for the application fee.
Q: Can I renew my existing passport as an ePassport?
A: In many cases, you can renew your existing passport as an ePassport. Check the website of your country’s passport agency for specific instructions on how to do so.
Q: Can I use my ePassport for visa-free travel to other countries?
A: The eligibility for visa-free travel to other countries may depend on a variety of factors, including your country of citizenship, the country you wish to travel to, and the purpose of your travel. Check with the embassy or consulate of the country you wish to visit for specific requirements.